April 24, 2006 -- The North American Die Casting Assn. has released three different formats for the latest edition of its “Product Specification Standards for Die Castings,” which covers specification, design, and production guidance. It is available as a printed manual, an electronic file on CD, or online at the NADCA website.
“Our online version features easy-to-use search capabilities and guarantees that you’ll always see the latest updates,” explained Daniel Twarog, NADCA president. “We think this will provide tremendous value to users and may also be a way to introduce them to other expert resources that NADCA has put online.”
In addition, the new edition includes several revisions and additions to the previous presentation that diecasters and buyers of diecastings will find helpful, including:
- The addition of alloy selection information;
- Cross reference tables of foreign alloy designations and chemical constituencies;
- A rewritten section on coordinate dimensioning, including expanded examples and tolerance graphs;
- An improved checklist for purchasing die cast parts purchase; and,
- An expanded casting examples section.
According to NADCA, the guide is useful to diecasters and OEMs. For more detail, visit NADCA online at www.diecasting.org.