The saw has hydraulic clamping, so it will hold castings, samples or bar stock directly, or hold casting fixtures in position.
Having difficulty cutting gates and risers from heat-sensitive materials? Do you have to leave long gate stubs or large riser pads and then hand grind the remaining metal due to heat cracking problems? The FOX Wet Cut-Off Machine from Vulcan Engineering cuts many classes of metals that are heat-sensitive, whether for production or laboratory applications. It not only uses coolant during cutting but also reciprocates the wheel so that any heat generated from abrasive cut-off is minimized and rapidly removed. Hydraulic clamping allows it to hold castings, samples or bar stock directly, or hold casting fixtures in position.
This saw was specifically developed to eliminate many problems that exist with other commercially available saws, including:
- All main mechanical components — main drive motor, belt tensioning system, pivot mechanism and reciprocating system — are outside of the sawing enclosure, protected from the coolant and swarf.
- The backbone always slants into the saw enclosure to ensure coolant drains to the work area, not out the back of the machine.
- Where the backbone enters the saw enclosure at the rear of the machine there is a labyrinth of baffles and flexible curtains to prevent coolant from escaping.
- Belt tensioning is accomplished using a hydraulic cylinder to pivot the motor. This will maintain belt tension throughout the life of the belt. With a switch the motor is advanced for belt change, when required.
- Blade reciprocation is adjustable from 0 to 6 in., and works back and forth rather than in a circular motion, which causes “hammering” of the blade, thus reducing wear and tear on the mechanical components. This allows for greater flexibility in cutting different sizes and different materials, and for cooler cutting on heat sensitive materials.
- The Cut-Off saw incorporates a hydraulic down-pressure system with a saw-reciprocating system to efficiently cut pipe, bars etc. By increasing the force used during cutting and reciprocating the saw, the part can be cut faster with less heating of the part.
- Operator controls are on the front of the enclosure, and the operator can adjust the downfeed rate, speed of reciprocation, stroke length, and the center of the stroke.