HONEYWELL introduced a head-mounted visual-display device that responds to voice and brings live data, documents, work procedures, and health and safety information into view for industrial workers. The hands-free, Skills Insight "wearable" is part of the technology group’s Connected Plant suite, and allows industrial workers to operate with safety and reliability as they perform tasks in the plant or field.
The new wearable also connects workers with remote experts in real-time and allows them to assimilate valuable skills and knowledge while working, drawing on hands-free mobile computing technology, augmented reality (AR), Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), and mobility software.
It combines a RealWear HMT-1Z1™ hands-free wearable computer with Honeywell’s cloud-based Movilizer workflow platform. Among the functions it offers are:
• Operator task automation: Guided work instruction and procedures, plus document visualization.
• Visualization of live data: Real-time IIoT data available to workers.
• Video capture/playback: Learning on demand and on site, based on examples from expert operators working on similar tasks, searchable by voice.
• Expert on call: Instant access to remote experts via video chat, who can see what the worker sees and can provide advice, share documents, or annotate the video feed.
• Geo-localization, navigation and asset visualization: Locates an operator in the plant and provides navigation and visualization as required for a task.
• Rapid emergency evacuation: Locates workers in the plant and guides them to an assembly point using geo-localization.
• Man-down assistance: Detects a man down, identifying location and notifying emergency team.
“RealWear’s 100% percent hands-free, rugged, head-mounted computing platform is the world’s first to achieve the Zone 1, Class 1/Division 1 level of intrinsically safe certification,” stated Sanjay Jhawar, co-founder and president of RealWear. “Together with Honeywell’s software and services we enable digital transformation that drives higher productivity and safety for people working in hazardous locations and across the industrial sector.”
Learn more at www.hwll.co/connectedplant